8/26/12

Bob Mackie



Jacket: Bob Mackie (a thrifted gift from my mother)
Tank: Target
Skirt: American Apparel Outlet 
Shoes: Target

Once every six weeks or so, I'll get a call from my mom that will interrupt me at work.  I answer, assuming someone has died.  It is always because she has gone to the thrift store on half off day and needs to know if I want a fur coat/can wear a size 0/ can wear a size 12/ will wear a pair of shiny high waisted pants.  I always say yes.  Because that's how you get things like this Bob Mackie jacket!

Usually the way my mom describes things over the phone is different than what the garment actually looks like.    When she said "I found a Bob Mackie jacket for $8!" I honestly had no idea what to expect.  Except I thought there would be feathers.  Or sequins.  And that Cher would wear it.  

None of those things apply to this jacket, but when I wore this to work one day my supervisor liked it more than any other outfit I've ever worn, which was maybe the last reaction I expected to get from her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment