11/3/12

Fourth of July

Outfit 1
Dress: Thrifted (Thanks to Allie Clingan for the loan!) 
Shoes: Target

Outfit 2
Top: Thrifted and altered (sleeves removed)
Skirt: Thrifted
Sandals: Dolce Vita




Outfit 3
Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs (From work! Ah, the perks of costumes departments.)
Sandals: Dolce Vita



Outfit 4
Tank top: In a three-pack from TJ Maxx. It's the only tank of the three to survive to this day (The other two were a plain navy blue, and a navy/white stripe.)
Skirt: Target (You can't really tell, but it's a dark red corduroy. I think it's been on the blog before.)
Shoes: Target

Outfit 5
Tank Top: Some store on the Commons during Apple Fest. (You can't really see it, but it's burgundy.)
Top: TJ Maxx (It's a beach cover up I usually wear with "nude" fishnets as a dress. Very scandalous).
Shorts: TJ Maxx
Sandals: Dolce Vita


Outfit 6
Top: Salvation Army, Palm Springs (Altered: shortened and sleeves cut off.)
Shorts: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Toms (You can't tell because of their extreme filth, but they are/were once red and white striped.) 

Outfit 7
Vest: Goodwill (I added the snap to make closing optional.)
Tshirt: Nike (Again, free from the show!)
Sandals: Dolce Vita
*Shorts/Skirt/Tights/Pants - I don't seem to be wearing any??!?



Honestly, this isn't even a drop in the bucket as far as patriotic ensembles go. There are many pieces not included, many different ways of wearing the pieces that are, an array of optional hats that somehow weren't photographed, not to mention the red/white/blue tattoos I have. 

Fourth of July 2012 was the first year I did a week of holiday ensembles, and while I missed my chance for Halloween, revisiting this photos (which were not taken that long ago - a pile of patriotic clothes sat on my stool for months and months until one day I had a few drinks and made Kratz play fashion shoot) made me want to do it again for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. 

Thanksgiving is going to be hard. Maybe I'll just re-watch every Thanksgiving episode of Friends and recreate Rachel's outfits.  New Years will not be hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment